Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Go Home, Get Down (for the last time)

I've had some sad news concerning a friend of mine so it's going to be a short post because I don't really feel like writing about something as trivial as music. Hopefully everyone conerned will be okay, but it's shocked me a bit

I'm probably a bit late on this, but it's been announced on their website (and now various other blogs) that Death From Above 1979 have split up. Apparently the decision was made a few months back whilst touring but they felt obligated to finish the tour so that people that relied on them for a living would be okay. It was hoped that maybe they would become re-inspired and throw themselves back into the project, but it has finally been called a day. Which is a real shame as I think they produced one of the most exciting rock crossover records of the last five years in You're A Woman, I'm A Machine. Fortunatly, we still have MSTRKRFT, their side remix project which has grown to become their fulltime dance outfit. And awesome they are too, as anyone who witnessed them terrifying the Session regulars with a two hour DJ set of tech house at the Cockpit will attest.

So I'll post a video of one of their finest DFA 1979 moments and go and drink some coffee to make me feel better

Death From Above 1979 - Romantic Rights

No comments:

Read Previous Ramblings